The Panamax M4-EX is a base module that allows you to add-on other modular products. When used alone, this product can protect up to 4 AC lines, the 4 outlets are switched via an on-off switch. The outlets are spaced to allow room for transformers. The unit is plugged into a wall outlet via a space saving right-angle plug (45 degree offset), and has an 8 foot cord. The Max4-EX has indicator lights for ground ok, unsafe voltage, and power on/protection ok.
The Panamax Max 4-EX has Surgegate Plus circuitry to protect against prolonged brownouts as well as over-voltage. It also is easily expandable via optional add-on signal line modules sold separately.
Typical uses for this unit include protecting appliances, garage equipment, stand alone stereo equipment, office equipment, or any other power only type application. It is also good to use with a UPS, plug the UPS into this protector and your UPS will not fry during an extended over-voltage situation. The M4-EX can also be used to custom make a protector using optional signal line modules. This allows you to make a protector that is not otherwise sold complete.
The M4-EX measures 8" X 5" X 1.75", and can be wall mounted (brackets and screws included).
- Voltage Protection Rating (UL 1449 3rd Edition, 3, 000A) - 500V
- Thermal Fusing - Yes
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation - 1650 Joules
- Response Time - < 1ns
- Protection Modes - L-N, L-G, N-G
- Protect or Disconnect™ Circuitry - Yes
- Power Cord - 8 ft fixed
- Plug Type - right angle, 45 degree offset
- Peak Impulse Current - 52, 000 Amps
- Patented Power Management Circuit - Yes
- Maximum Current Rating - 15 A (1800W)
- Line Voltage - 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level - 200V Peak, 141V RMS
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration - 50 dB(100 KHz - 1MHz)
- Auto-resetting Under-voltage shutoff - 90V 6V
- Auto-resetting Over-voltage shutoff - 144V 8V
- Lightning Protection - Yes
Power Systems is a Panamax Authorized Internet Dealer. Your warranty is valid when purchased from us. Panamax is an engineering company, they have more engineers than sales people. Panamax has been producing nothing but surge protection products for over 30 years. Panamax also has a high power test lab certified by CSA to perform agency testing. In this lab is a 24,000 AMP lightning generator. They are as qualified as you can get in the surge protection business.