The Panamax MX5102 combines power management, surge protection with AVM and battery backup to provide the complete solution! Panamax's MX5102 is specially designed and engineered for home theater systems. In addition to power management the battery backup prevents processor controlled devices and hard drive based sources from losing critical data and set up configurations, as well as allowing for a proper shut down procedure.
MX5102 prevents critical equipment from losing setup configuration, stored data and hard-disk crashes. Shuts off projection equipment via IR control to allow the projector bulbs to go through a proper cool-down cycle before shutting off.
Improves picture and sound quality
Level 3 Power Cleaning and Linear Filtration eliminates common symptoms of contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allows your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability.
Reduces cross-contamination between components
The MX5102 is designed to provide noise isolation between 4 isolated outlet banks including 2 high current, and 2 battery backup outlets so that any noise created by an A/V component can not contaminate the power going to equipment plugged into another outlet bank.
Monitors incoming line voltage and provides a visual indication of power level
Panamax's patent pending AVM circuitry continuously monitors the incoming power as displayed on the digital voltmeter. In case of an undervoltage or an overvoltage, a flashing red LED will be displayed on the front panel, and power to the connected equipment is automatically turned off for all outlets except for the battery connected outlets, if either of these conditions is detected. When voltage returns to a safe level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
Panamax MX5102 Features
- Battery backup - 600VA UPS, 2 Outlets
- Clean power level 3 - Improves picture and sound quality by eliminating noise across the entire AC bandwidth. 60% more efficient at eliminating noise than single stage linear filtration (Level 2).
- 4 isolated outlet banks - Isolating outlet banks from one another prevents noise contamination between components.
- High current outlets - 2 outlets for equipment with high power demands (Amps/Subwoofers).
- Digital volt meter - Monitor the voltage supplying your home theater equipment.
- Avm (automatic voltage monitoring) - Protects equipment against prolonged over/ under voltages by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it when safe power returns.
- 12 volt trigger - Allows source equipment to activate or deactivate the outlets on the MX5102.
- Power sequencing - Guards against blown fuses and potentially damaging speaker thump by automatically powering outlets on and off in sequence.
- 10 outlets - 4 Switched, 2 Battery Backup, 2 Switched High Current, 2 Always On.
- Dual learning IR function - Panamax's Patent-Pending Learning IR Function lets you program the UPS to send standby or shut-down commands to components such as DLP ceiling projectors.
- Weight - 27 lbs.
- Product Warranty - 3 Years
- Dimensions - 17"W x 13"D x 4"H
- Undervoltage Shutoff - 90 ± 5V
- Total Current Capacity - 12 A
- Thermal Fusing - Yes
- Overvoltage Shutoff, slow rise - 132 ± 5V
- Overvoltage Shutoff, fast rise - 150 ± 5V
- Line Voltage - 120V, 60Hz
- Energy Dissipation - 1800 Joules
- Catastrophic Surge Circuit - Yes
EMI/RFI Noise Filtration
- Attenuation - 30dB min from 100kHz-2MHz
- 50dB max @ 270kHz
- Voltage - 120 ± 5% Simulated Sine Wave
- UPS Transfer Time - < 10ms
- UPS Output Capacity - 600VA 360W @ 0.6f
- UPS Backup Time - 3 minutes at full load
- Frequency - 60 Hz ± 1%
DC Trigger Input
- Voltage and Polarity - 3 - 18V DC, bidirectional
- Jacks - 3.5mm (1/8") mono mini-plug
- Current Requirement - 4.6 mA @ 3V, 58 mA @ 24V
- Wires Protected - 8-Wires
- Jacks - RJ-45
- Clamping Level - 50V
- Wires Protected - 2-Wires, Pins 4 & 5
- Suppression Modes - Metallic & Longitudinal
- Jacks - RJ-11
- Fuseless/Auto-Resetting - Yes
- Clamping Level - 270V
Cable and Satellite Circuits
- Shielded - Yes
- Insertion Loss - < 0.5 dB
- HD 1080 i/p Ready - Yes
- Frequency Range - 0MHz - 2.2 GHz
- Connections - Female "F", Gold Plated
- Clamping Level - 75V
- Bidirectional - Yes
Power Systems is a Panamax Authorized Internet Dealer. Your warranty is valid when purchased from us. Panamax is an engineering company, they have more engineers than sales people. Panamax has been producing nothing but surge protection products for over 30 years. Panamax also has a high power test lab certified by CSA to perform agency testing. In this lab is a 24,000 AMP lightning generator. They are as qualified as you can get in the surge protection business.