The Panamax SP8-AV can protect up to 8 AC lines (switched), one coax line (cable or satellite), and one phone line. The outlets are spaced to allow room for transformers. The SP8-AV is plugged into a wall outlet via a space saving right-angle plug, and has a 6 foot cord. The unit also has a ground ok light and a power status light.
The SP8-AV protects cable, cable modem, satellite, downline TV, or antenna. One phone line (pins 3 and 4) is protected by the SP8-AV via the RJ11 jacks. Typical uses for the Panamax SP8-AV include a satellite system, a cable based system, or a computer with cable modem and analog modem. Works with HD systems.
- Weight - 3 lbs.
- Dimensions - 7.75 in. x 5 in. x 12 in. H
- Voltage Protection Rating (UL 1449 3rd Edition, 3, 000A) - 500V
- Thermal Fusing - Yes
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation - 1125 Joules
- Response Time - < 1 ns
- Protection Modes - L-N, L-G, N-G
- Protect-or-Disconnect™ Circuitry - Yes
- Power Cord - 6 ft fixed
- Plug Type - right angle, 45 degree offset
- Peak Impulse Current - 60, 000 Amps
- Maximum Current Rating - 15 A (1800W)
- Line Voltage - 120V, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level - 200V Peak, 141V RMS
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration - 45dB (100kHz - 1 MHz)
- Wires Protected - 1 Line (3, 4)
- Suppression Modes - Metallic & Longitudinal
- Fuseless / Auto-reseting - Yes
- Connectors - RJ-11
- Clamping Level - 260V
- Capacitance - 30pf (approx.)
Universal Coaxial Protection
- Shielded - Yes
- Insertion Loss - < 0.5 dB
- HD 1080 i/p Ready - Yes
- Frequency Range - OMHz - 2.2 GHz
- Connections - Female "F", Gold Plated
- Clamping Level - 75V
- Bidirectional - Yes
Power Systems is a Panamax Authorized Internet Dealer. Your warranty is valid when purchased from us. Panamax is an engineering company, they have more engineers than sales people. Panamax has been producing nothing but surge protection products for over 30 years. Panamax also has a high power test lab certified by CSA to perform agency testing. In this lab is a 24,000 AMP lightning generator. They are as qualified as you can get in the surge protection business.